Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Players....

I have a problem with my mother in law...

She is meddling, overbearing and we have nothing in common...except her son (and I'm not even sure she likes him that much!)

I married "the son" in October of 2006 after knowing each other for 5 years. She and I had never seen eye to eye before the wedding and getting married certainly didn't help. We chose not to have children at our wedding which caused her to tell her other two children that they should not attend our wedding. This she admits. At our wedding my Aunt walked up to her and said how happy she was that her son was going to be in our family. She proceeded to say yeah..and walk away.

One year we decided not to go to a family reunion/birthday party for the husbands grandfather and her father. She called for nearly a week straight telling him that his grandfather might die anyday and that he may never see him again. His grandfather wasn't sick and lived for probably 5 more years after that.

This is just a smidget of what life is like with her in it...

So, here are the players:

Me...the loving wife, not so loving daughter in law...sadly pushing 30

the husband ... frustrated son and husband...understands that she pushes all of my buttons but just doesn't want to deal with her

Mother in Law... also known as the Spawn of Satan that birthed my husband (SOSBMH). Mid 50's.

Father in Law .... pretty much the same as the SOSBMH...WAY into being in Vietnam

Sister in Law .... Mother of two in her late 20's ... still stuck in high school...can't do anything without SOSBMH's approval

Brother in Law ... father of two ... married to overbearing wife who stays at home with kids. Lives 20 minutes from SOSBMH

This blog chronicles my life as an under appreciated daughter in law. Sadly all of the stories are true. Share my pain...

No comments: